Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Alkira Services Ltd.’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Alkira Services Ltd.’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Alkira Services Ltd. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Alkira Services Ltd.’s web site are provided “as is”. Alkira Services Ltd. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Alkira Services Ltd. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Alkira Services Ltd. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Alkira Services Ltd.’s Internet site, even if Alkira Services Ltd. or a Alkira Services Ltd. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Alkira Services Ltd.’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Alkira Services Ltd. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Alkira Services Ltd. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Alkira Services Ltd. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Alkira Services Ltd. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Alkira Services Ltd. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Alkira Services Ltd.’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of West Sussex without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Alkira (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following information about you.
Information you give us. If you decide to register with or use the Alkira Service you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. You will voluntarily provide us with Personal Data which includes your name, email address and contact details when you:
- Purchase or register to use a Service.
- Request and receive customer support.
- Provide billing and payment information.
- Register for offers or events.
- Post comments on our website.
- Participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website.
Information we collect about you. Each time you use the Service we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Service, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Service, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may also collect publicly accessible data about you from social media websites that you visit when using the Service.
- We may also collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g. gender and location) to assist in providing the Service to you. Non-personally identifiable information by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you. However, this information may be combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified.
Information we receive from other sources.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Uses made of Information.
We will only use information held about you for the following purposes.
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- To understand and improve our Services to you.
- To ensure that content from our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests and sending you emails and messages about invoicing and account management.
- To administer your account and keep track of billing and payments.
- To keep the Service secure by investigating and preventing abuse and fraud.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Service to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service about services that may interest you or them.
By using the Service, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- Assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service.
- Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service.
- Provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). By using the Service, you consent to Personal Data being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use you authorise.
Disclosure of your information.
Information we share with third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you and for the purposes of providing part of the Service to you. Such third parties supply the hardware infrastructure, storage and associated services necessary for us to provide the Service. By using our websites and/or the Service you consent to our third-party service partners having access to your Personal Data.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Service.
Personal Data we disclose to third parties.
We follow strict guidelines in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Customer Terms and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alkira, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In complying with court orders and similar legal processes, we strive for transparency. When permitted, we will make a reasonable effort to notify users of any disclosure of their information, unless we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances.
Consent. If you wish to subscribe to our marketing communications, we will use your name and email address to send communications to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third-party for such purposes. You may elect to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails.
We may send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any Service updates, events and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the opt-out options included in emails or the Service and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
Access to information.
You have the right to access information held about you.
Right to deletion, rectification and data export. We permit you to delete, rectify and export information you have provided to us, subject to the conditions of our Customer Terms and our legal obligations set out below.
Retention. We retain Personal Data for as long as we provide the Service to you or your account remains open. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Service, for the purposes set out below.
After you have closed your account we may retain Personal Data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Customer Terms, and offer new features you may be interested in, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. If none of these obligations apply we will delete Personal Data within 12 months of your account being closed.
We will retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
Applicable Data Protection Law.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is Alkira Services Limited, a private limited company registered in England with number 6659139 whose registered office is 40 New Town, Copthorne, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 3LZ.
Where we store your Personal Data for EU Customers only.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our partners, networks, advertisers and affiliate. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or content of these websites.